Seize The Holiday on ITV with Virgin Holidays
Live / Socially Reactive Ads
ITN Productions and HLA joined forces to co-produce the world’s first live streamed global ad from 18 locations around the world for Virgin Holidays. The 60 second advert aired during ITV’s X Factor on Saturday night, and required 19 simultaneous shots.
Directed by HLA’s Simon Ratigan more than 90 crew were deployed worldwide to make the ad possible. Using ITN’s unique infrastructure and connectivity the advert was cut live by a gallery director and vision mixer exactly as if it was live TV. The ad was then played straight down the line to ITV from the gallery.
Planning for the advert took 3 months, 10 different country recces, and finding a cast of over 30. All under the creative agency behind the #SeizeTheHoliday campaign, AMV BBDO.
The live commercial was designed to show a UK audience that people just like them are experiencing their ideal holidays, at this very moment.
Production teams filmed 18 different scenes LIVE from eight key Virgin Holidays destinations:
- Hawaii: Catching a morning surf, horse-riding and fly boarding
- San Francisco: Cruising the Pacific Coast Highway on a motorbike, and taking a rocket boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Orlando: Disney’s Magic Kingdom, and exploring Florida in a Convertible
- Barbados: Relaxing on a pristine beach, and snorkeling through a coral reef
- Dubai: Dining in Atlantis’ iconic restaurant, cruising past the city sites on a riverboat, or relaxing at the tranquil Al Maha
- New York City: Soaring over the city in a helicopter and watching street performers
- Johannesburg: Enjoying a tribal dance performance
- Bangkok: Visiting temples, and exploring Bangkok nightlife in a Tuk Tuk
Agency – AMV BBDO
Board Account Director – Alex Bird
Creative Director – Ant Nelson
Creative Director – Mike Sutherland
Production Partner – Anita Sasdy
Production Assistant – Frankie Burwell-Wright
Production Company – ITN Productions
Head of Commercials – Adam Barnett
Exec Producer – Jemma Cassey
Production Manager’s – Nancy Eite-Cooper, Emma Copeland
Head of Field Operations – Steve Gore-Smith
Technical Director – Alex Bassett
Head of Post Production – Olly Strous
Production Company – HLA
Director – Simon Ratigan
Producer – Mike Wells
Production Manager – Dan Carter